To receive enrolment details relevant to your child, please submit the requested details via the google form provided (refer to the "Expression of Interest" form on the right).  One of our Administration staff will be in contact with you for further details and supply the relevant enrolment forms.

Enrolment inquiries can also be made direct to the School via phone or email. The College phone number is 03 5529 2374 or email address bolwarra.ps@education.vic.gov.au

Please submit the form once for every child you would like to enrol at Bolwarra Primary School. 

Enrolling in primary school for 2025

Starting school is an exciting time for children, parents and carers. We want to help make the enrolment process as easy as possible for you.
In Victoria, your child has the right to attend their designated neighbourhood school (your ‘local school’) under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006.
You can also apply for a place at a school that is not your local school. The school will consider your application in line with the Placement Policy. For more information on the Placement Policy, visit the Enrolling in school page.

New statewide timeline for Foundation (Prep)

The first year of primary school is called Foundation or Prep. We have released the Foundation enrolment timeline for all Victorian government primary schools to follow (see page 3). The timeline aims to help you understand when and how to enrol your child into Foundation for the 2025 school year.

When should I enrol my child in their first year of primary school?

Your child must be 5 years old by 30 April in the year that they start school.
Schooling is compulsory for children who have turned 6 years old.
To enrol your child in a Victorian government primary school for the 2025 school year, submit an enrolment application to the school by 26 July 2024.

How do I enrol my child in their first year of primary school?

Take these steps to enrol your child in their first year of primary school:

How do I find my local school?

Find your local school on the Find my School website by following the steps below:

The map will then show your address, your local school, and on the left the contact details for the school. If you scroll down, it will also show you the five closest schools to your address. You can also search by school name under ‘Search for school’.

Can my child apply to a government primary school that is not our local school?

Yes, you can apply to schools other than your local school. The school will consider your application in line with the Placement Policy and available space. You can find information on how applications are prioritised on the Enrolling in school page.

What happens if I receive a letter saying my enrolment application was unsuccessful?

You should apply to enrol your child in another school. Your child is guaranteed a place at their local school. Your child’s local school is determined on the basis of their permanent residential address. Visit Find my School to locate your child’s local school. The Enrolling in school page can also help you to confirm your child’s address for enrolment.

You can also appeal the decision. The Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) page has information on the process to appeal an enrolment application outcome.

What happens if I miss the enrolment timeframes?

You can apply to enrol your child into Foundation for the 2025 school year at any time from Term 2, 2024.

While you are asked to submit an enrolment application by Friday 26 July 2024, applications after this date will still be accepted from those families who miss enrolment timelines, move permanent residence or newly arrive to Victoria.

Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by the school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.

Where can I find further information on enrolling in primary school?

You can ask your local primary school for further information on the Foundation enrolment process.

At the start of Term 2, 2024 you can also find an information pack on the Foundation enrolment process on the Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) page.

If you require help translating the information pack, please talk to your local primary school for assistance.

Who do I contact for help?

The Transition Coordinator, Enrolment Officer or Principal of the primary school you want to apply to can help you with any questions you may have about the enrolment process.

Useful links

Please find some useful links below that may be helpful for you as your child starts primary school in 2025:

Find my School – findmyschool.vic.gov.au
Information on school zones – vic.gov.au/school-zones
Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) – vic.gov.au/enrolling-foundation-prep
Enrolling in school – vic.gov.au/how-choose-school-and-enrol
Disability and inclusive education – vic.gov.au/disability-and-inclusive-education
Regional office contacts – vic.gov.au/office-locations-department-education